Sunday, September 20, 2015
PM –Drinks Reception
- Attendees are invited for drinks and networking with colleagues, speakers, and Cell Press editors at our opening reception. The reception will take place at the symposium venue.
Monday, September 21, 2015
- Over the course of your scientific career, networking will be the one of the most effective methods of advancing your career. Engage in networking with the speakers and potential future collaborators at our ‘Meet the Speakers’ Dinner.
- The venue for the 'Meet the Speakers' dinner is Restaurante Can Laury Peix, situated in Port D'aiguadolç in the village of Sitges. The restaurant offers dishes most representative of the Mediterranean including fish and shellfish fresh from the market.
- Tickets are priced at €60 when ordered in advance with registration.
Sitges is just 35km south of Barcelona in the Catalan region of Spain and enjoys a privileged location between the Mediterranean Sea and the mountains.
Places of Interest
- The Casa de la Vila, 19th century neo-gothic building, and the Palau Maricel, which bring together medieval, Renaissance and Barroque elements.
- The modernists of the late 19th and early 20th centuries have left Sitges beautiful buildings such as Cau Ferrat, the studio of the writer and painter Santiago Rusiñol.
More information available here.
To find out more about local attractions, click here